I tell my clients that praying is talking to God and the angels – but meditating is listeningto them. Your mind is probably going a mile a minute, and celestial beings can’t be heard above that noise. So, when you want to receive messages from your passed loved ones, you’ll need to quiet your mind and listen. Here are some simple ways to empty your thoughts so you can do just that:
1. Stare at a candle until you can’t keep your eyes open any longer. Then close your eyes. Eventually, you will see the flame on the back of your eyelids. When this flame disappears, open your eyes again and repeat this process for five to ten minutes.
2. Count your exhales until you get to ten. When you reach ten, do it again. Repeat for five to ten minutes.
3. Inhale, hold. Exhale, hold – each to a count of four. Repeat for five to ten minutes.
4. Repeat a mantra any time your mind wanders. One of my favorite mantras is, “Grant me a pure heart, oh God."
5. Use a mala to count your mantras. A mala is a set of 108 beads, one bead for each repetition of your mantra.
I recommend meditating every morning with the intention of connecting with your loved ones later that day. Don’t try to hear them during the meditation; they will answer in their own time.
It doesn’t matter how you meditate, just that you do it! Again, praying is talking to God and the angels, but meditating is listening to them. And I know you want to hear what those in the celestial realm have to say!
Many blessings to you!