top of page

The Rainbow Follows the Storm

Many people have been telling me that my first book, The Rainbow Follows the Storm: How to Obtain Inner Peace by Connecting with Angels and Deceased Loved Ones was their favorite book of mine. Therefore, in the next couple of months, I’ll be sharing some of the stories I wrote about in that book.

The Rainbow Follows the Storm

“When I began my healing work, a wonderful woman named Stormy emailed me to see if I could work with the angels to help her. After corresponding back and forth via email, Stormy and I finally were able to meet at my office, which at the time was in the back of a beauty salon.

Stormy couldn’t walk due to a fall and severe complications from diabetes. Her one leg was shorter than the other and was severely swollen from many operations she had undergone to fix the leg. Although she was only thirty-eight years old, in order for her to move around, her husband, Steve, had to transport her in a wheelchair. Stormy and I immediately became close friends due to our similar interests, especially her strong faith in God and the angels. She came for a healing once a week and we spoke on the phone a few times each day.

After a few weeks of healings, Stormy astounded me when she got up out of her wheelchair and walked into my office. Out of all the healings I have done, this was one of the most memorable for me.

I have so many stories about Stormy, but these stories could fill up an entire book by itself – that’s how amazing she was! I have just one regret, and that is I only knew her at the end of her short life. This high-spirited woman passed away only two years after I had met her. Right before her passing, she was very tired and repeatedly stated that she wanted to go back home. (This was her reference to heaven.) I told her to be careful about what she was saying because words are very powerful. She insisted that she meant it, and shortly after affirming her willingness to leave the earth, she suffered a heart attack from which she never recovered.

After she went into a coma and was pronounced clinically dead, Steve asked me to help him speak to the hospital board because he wanted to take her off the respirator. The hospital board finally granted its permission to unplug her from the respirator and allowed Steve to bring her home. However, before they were able to carry this all out, Stormy passed away peacefully in the hospital.

Before the heart attack, Stormy told me that she would let me know that she was okay after she crossed over, so it didn’t surprise me at all at what happened the very same morning of her passing. An hour after she had died, as I was coming home from driving my children to school, I spotted a police car in front of my house.

I got out of my car and asked the officer what was going on, to which he replied, “Lady, you have a bear on your property!”

“A WHAT?” I shouted. Then I smiled because I immediately realized the bear’s appearance was Stormy’s way of saying she was okay. Why she chose a bear to come, I do not know, but bears have never been on my property before, nor have they been on my property after this incident. As a matter of fact, they have never been in my town at all.

Of course, Stormy did not stop with just the bear incident. She has made herself known many times to her husband. She has also been with me on a number of occasions as well. For example, after I came home from her funeral, I was very tired, and plopped down on my bed to cry and rest. As I was going through the day’s events in my mind, the blinds on the sliding glass door started “dancing.” I called my daughter into my room to watch, and to meet Stormy, and we both laughed. I knew without a doubt that it was Stormy, and she was telling me to cheer up because she was fine.

A few weeks later, Stormy learned how to play with electricity. Oh God, did she play with the electricity! A stereo system that is connected throughout my house would keep turning itself on in the middle of the night. I eventually had to go into the living room and unplug the whole system.

A few weeks after that, Stormy somehow figured out how to turn the stereo on just in the room I was in. When I came home from food shopping, the radio would go on by itself. She also figured out how to broadcast certain songs. It boggles my mind to think of all that she had done. One day she played a song about being where “the blind can see.” (Stormy’s eyesight had been very bad at the end of her life, and she was anxious to tell me that she was about to see again.)

Also, a year after Stormy died, her mom called me just to talk. As we were discussing the signs that Stormy had been giving people, the stereo turned on by itself and was blasting so loudly that Stormy’s mom couldn’t hear me. Laughing, I told her that she couldn’t hear me because her daughter had turned on the music again and was saying hello.

I need to mention one more thing. At the end of Stormy’s life, she no longer wanted to be called Stormy, and wanted to change her name. She finally came up with the name Rainbow. Yes, it was different, but it was a pretty name, one that fit her. At her funeral eulogy, the minister asked me why she wanted to be called Rainbow, and I told him that the rainbow follows the storm. He later incorporated that into his wonderful sermon about Stormy.

Stormy was a very strong personality when she was here on earth, so it was no surprise that even after her soul left her body, she set up these amazing events to prove to her friends and loved ones that she was okay. She was an actress in her living years, and she continues to give “command performances” now that she has crossed over to the other side.

I thought I had finished writing this chapter and put away my laptop. I signed onto my other computer to check my emails and received one from my friend Mary Therese. It was one of those “pass it along” letters, and it began with, “Everything I need to know about life, I learned from Noah’s Ark.” It ended with “No matter the storm, when you are with God, there’s always a rainbow waiting.” Stormy’s true faith in God and her persistence in giving me this same message over and over is truly remarkable. I know she won’t ever stop giving me signs, and I truly wouldn’t want it any other way!”

Excerpt from The Rainbow Follows the Storm: How to Obtain Inner Peace by Connecting with Angels and Deceased Loved Ones by Karen Noé

122 views0 comments


bottom of page