Another year is over, and a new one has just begun. You can make this your best year ever, if you so desire. It’s the perfect time to look forward to wonderful beginnings, rather than obsessing on anything that didn’t go well last year.
Here are 10 easy steps you can take on your exciting, new journey.
1. Count your blessings. Each and every day, take the time to contemplate everything and anything that that is pleasing in your life and appreciate whatever it is that you have previously taken for granted. Make it a habit of being thankful for what you have, rather than what is missing.
2. Stay present. Remain in the now instead of worrying about the future or thinking about events from the past. Make an effort to enjoy the journey and experience life more fully.
3. Block off time to do what you enjoy. Do the things that make you feel alive and free. Have fun and live your life to the fullest!
4. Spend time with loved ones. Make the time to be with or speak to your family and close friends on a regular basis. One never knows what tomorrow will bring and how long you or they will be physically here. Make them your priority.
5. Stay away from anything that brings you down. Unplug from negativity. Turn off the news and stop reading the newspaper if they are making your angry or upset. Distance yourself from those who zap your energy.
6. Meditate daily. Set aside time every day to meditate and quiet your thoughts. If your thoughts are going a mile a minute, it’s more difficult to feel your connection to God and everyone and everything. Remember, praying is talking to God and the angels, and meditating is listening to them. In any relationship, it’s imperative to listen as well as to speak.
7. Visualize and assume the feeling of whatever you desire. You are a vibrational being. Whatever you are thinking and feeling, you are creating more of in your life. Therefore, it’s important to make a conscious effort to focus on what you want, instead of what you don’t want. Feel how good it would feel if your dream came true. Then be patient and wait, and the Universe will work in ways to make it happen.
8. Let go of past resentments. Forgive those who hurt you. You don’t have to do it for them; rather, do it for you. As the saying goes, “It’s not the snakebite that kills you. It’s the venom that’s left behind.”
9. Set new goals. Think about what you wish to achieve this year. Then, as stated in #7, visualize and assume the feeling of reaching each of these goals. Set a deadline for when you’d like your goals to be reached, and do whatever it takes to make the happen.
10. Spread love and light around you. Become an instrument of peace. Bring joy and understanding to all those in your path. Raise your vibration so high that others long to be in your presence.
Happy New Year! Make this the best year ever!