top of page

Messages from My Mom about Puff

My Mother made her transition just two weeks ago today. As a medium, I have always been the one to console my clients, letting them know their loved ones were okay. Now, here I am as the person who is grieving. Boy, am I ever so thankful that I am able to feel her and know when she is around! I really don’t know what I’d do if I could not.

I’m sitting here typing this as my Mom’s cat is meowing furiously, trying to figure out what happened to her caretaker. I had to explain to her that “our Mommy” is still around, but we can’t see her in physical form.

Over the weekend, my Mom came through and told me she wanted me to take her cat to my house. I was a little reluctant to oblige because I already have two cats and two dogs, but I just couldn’t say no to her. So I made the trip to my Mom’s house to get Puff, knowing it wasn’t going to be easy. She has always been a very frightened little cat. Whenever my Mom had to take Puff to the vet, she would have to give her a tranquilizer two hours before she left so that the cat was “out of it” the whole time.

When I got there on Sunday, we tried putting a tranquilizer in her food so that the car ride home wouldn’t be so stressful for her, but Puff would not cooperate at all and did not want to eat. I didn’t know what to do.

When it was time to put her in the carrying case, Puff ran under the bed and wouldn’t come out. I was frustrated, slapped my hands to my side, and said, “Okay, now what I am supposed to do?”

My niece then shouted out loud to my Mom, “Grandma you have to help us get Puff.” Then I demanded, “Yes, Mom, if you want me to take Puff, please tell her to come out from under the bed now!” Immediatelyafter that request, Puff came marching out as if to say, “Okay, I’m ready now.” My daughter then walked right over to her, grabbed her, easily put her in the case, and Puff was all set to go. We just looked at each other with our mouths open, and said, “Thanks Grandma!”

After that, I put Puff in my car…. and guess what? She was fine the whole ride home!

She has been great the last two days, purring so loudly whenever I walk up to her, as if to say thank you to me.

The only problem I had was when Puff did not eat the whole first day she was at my house. So again, I remembered I just had to ask my Mom for some words of wisdom!

“What should I do, Ma? Puff won’t eat a thing!”

Immediately I received a response, “Mix the hard and soft food together, and add a little water.”

I did exactly as I was told and Puff went right over to the dish and finished all the food. I guess I shouldn’t have been surprised.

Although I am still getting over the fact that my Mom’s physical body has died, I am actually feeling her around and talking to her more than when she was physically here. And I can’t tell you how thankful I am for that!

27 views0 comments
bottom of page