Many traumatic events have been occurring recently, taking a toll on the health and emotional well being of so many around the world! Here are some important steps you can take to heal after you have suffered any type of shock, suffering, or disturbance in your life.
1. Monitor your thoughts and focus on what you want to happen, rather than what has happened. Instead of dwelling on the horrible circumstances that are presently occurring, shift your focus to a more positive outcome. Then see what you can to do rebuild or repair what has transpired; this will give you a sense of purpose for your future.
2. Thank God and the angels for helping you and showing you what to do next.
Remember, when you pray to God or the angels, it’s important not to beg them to give you what you are praying for. (When you beg, it means you don’t believe that your prayer will be answered). Instead - thank them beforehand, and know without a doubt that you will receive whatever you have asked for.
3. Move the negativity out by practicing different energy techniques. Some of these techniques are the Emotional Freedom Technique, Ho’oponopono, energy healing, prayer, meditation, and positive thinking. (I talk about each one of these in more detail in my book, Your Life After Their Death: A Medium’s Guide to Healing After a Loss.) Some techniques may resonate with you more than others; so make sure to practice the ones that you feel most guided to use.
4. Do anything that will uplift you. Watch funny videos; surround yourself with sympathetic family members, friends, healers and others that will enable you to feel safe; hug your pets; listen to uplifting music; take walks in nature; read inspirational books; or do anything else that will boost your mood.
5. Direct your attention to your many blessings. Begin to notice and appreciate all the wonderful things that are in your life now. Remember - whatever you focus upon expands, so when you do this, even more incredible things will begin to appear within and around you!
6. Help others who are going through similar circumstances. This will enable you to shift your focus off of your own circumstances, and help you to spread the love that you really are.
These are just some of the many steps you can take to help you heal the trauma that you have experienced. I’m sure you can think of others as well. In the meantime, please know that I’ll be sending prayers, healing, and angels your way!
Many blessings to you now and always! -
Karen Noé, author of Your Life After Their Death